If you have been reading my blog for a while you know that I’m obsessed with all things “bacon”… smokey tempeh bacon, cracked peppercorn tempeh bacon are some of my favorite all time recipes. I really wanted to create a simpler recipe and one that required less hands on time but delivered the same taste.
I hit the jackpot with this chickpea “bacon” bits recipe. So dang tasty and handy to have. Make it at the beginning of the week and use it as a salad topper, soup croutons, protein dish or just a snack. I often tend to forget that protein is a great snack, much better than spiking your blood sugar with an apple. So snack away!
Smokey, salty, just a hint of garlic and a texture that is soft but yet crunchy on the outside. Sign me up.
- 1 Can Rinsed and Drained Chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 3 Cloves Garlic Whole
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Turn oven to 400 degrees. In a baking dish of just about any size add all ingredients and mix well.
- Cook stirring every now and then for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.