Last week was a very busy week. With all of the traveling I have been doing lately I have had less time in the kitchen that I would really like. I’ve been eating a lot of steamed vegetables and Amy’s frozen meals. I guess life could be worse, at least I did had 7 minutes to make this tasty snack.
Believe it or not it took me a few tries to get the right texture on this popcorn. Whatever you do, DO NOT just add the dry sugar and spiced to the fresh popped popcorn. You will choke and cough. You have now been fair warned!
Ahead of the holidays I’m always scouring cookbooks and magazines to prepare menus for parties and gifts for friends. One thing you often forget about are simple snacks to have on hand while you’re researching… a cup or two of this gingerbread popcorn and a pot of tea will definitely hit the spot!
- 1 Bag Natural Popcorn
- 1.5 Tablespoons Vegan Margarine
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Pop the popcorn according to the bag directions.
- While popcorn is piping heat the vegan margarine in a small skillet, add spices and sugar. Stir spices and butter until melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl pour about half of the popcorn and stir melted gingerbread spices into popcorn. Stir well trying to coat as much popcorn as possible.
- Add the coated popcorn back into the bag and shake until combined.
If you want a heaver coat of gingerbread spice double the recipe.
Gingerbread cookies are a guilty pleasure during the holidays but this can help take some of the guilt away. Popcorn is such a perfect snack!
On another note, it snowed this morning. Nothing like doing hot yoga looking out into the snow! I love snow, it definitely gets me in the Christmas spirit.
Are you prepping for any upcoming holiday party/ meal?