My one year blog anniversary goal is to review some of my old post and re-do my photos/recipes. Some of my post back in the day were pretty bad, heck even now I still struggle with grammar and getting great natural lighting at 9 PM at night. So sorry for the repeat recipes but you will be very happy if you give this a try.
This cream of broccoli soup might just be one of my favorite things ever. Loaded with fresh vegetables AND protein thanks to a half cup of quinoa. Quinoa not only makes the recipe richer and creamier it also acts as a thickener. By the time you get done blending you will not even know it’s there. Who needs cream when you have a good blender and a touch of almond milk.
There are many vegan cream of broccoli soups out there but I promise you this one is the best I’ve ever tasted. So thick and tasty… it always surprises me how tasty vegetables actually are.
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 1/2 Large White Onion Chopped
- 2 Small Carrots Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dry Quinoa
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a large pot. Sautee chopped onions, carrots and celery in the olive oil until fragrant and onions are translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add broth, quinoa, broccoli, pepper and salt to the pot, turn heat on high until broth is boiling. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook covered 15-20 minutes, until veggies are soft.
- Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and add almond milk.
- Blend the soup until smooth. If your blender or food processor isn’t that powerful it could take a few minutes.
Have I convinced you that this recipe was worth a re-do? Sometimes the proof is in the photo
How was your weekend?