Yesterday a tragedy happened. I ran out of my Butter Pecan Granola. What is a girl to do when she runs out of granola? Whip up another batch of summer inspired granola of corse!
I’m not sure about you, but lemonade screams summer to me. Sweet, tart and fresh this crunchy lemonade granola is the perfect filling for my granola jar. To get a rich flavor not only do you need fresh lemon juice, you also need lemon zest, which can freshen up just about any dish. I wasn’t surprised that adding it in granola would taste so wonderful.
Not only is this granola a nice and light summer surprise, it is also is VERY low in sugar. By using fresh lemon juice you can add a ton of flavor and sweetness without anything processed or fake. All you need to add is a tad bit of canola oil a 1/4th cup of honey and a touch of cinnamon. If you like tart lemon juice you could even skip the honey. But I say add it, in you only live once.
Crunchy Lemonade Granola- Vegan
3 Cups Old Fashion Oatmeal
1/3 Cup Un-Cooked Quinoa
1 Cup Chopped Raw Almonds
1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seeds
Juice from 2 Lemons
1/4th Cup Honey
Zest from 1 Lemon
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
1.5 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1) Preheat your oven to 325. Mix your dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2) In a small mixing bowl combine your lemon juice, lemon zest, honey and canola oil.
3) Stir the wet ingredients into your dry oatmeal mixture. Mix well until everything is coated.
4) Transfer the granola onto a lined baking tray sprayed with oil. Bake the granola for 45-60 minutes stirring the granola every 15 minutes.
5) Let the granola completely cool before breaking into chunks and let cool before storing in a sealed jar.
I love adding a tablespoon or two of granola to yogurt for an afternoon snack. I try really really hard not to eat granola by the handful… some days that is a bigger challenge than others!
Besides all the rain we have been getting I finally feel like its summer! Do you have any big plans this weekend?